Friday 15 February 2013

First attempt: Mono printing using a Silkscreen

For my final major project I am creating an artist book based around the poems of W.H Davies, For this project I am going to combine a couple of different printing techniques to each page of the book.

One technique I have tried out is mono printing using a silkscreen.

First off I prepared a screen with a stencil of a tree that I had drawn using a felt pen, I then used water soluble crayons to colour in the stencil, (the process can also be done by drawing straight onto the screen with the water based crayons or watercolour paints)





After I coloured in the stencil I mixed up some base and a drop of water and used this to print the tree,


Here are a couple of pictures of the first outcomes.





No comments:

Post a Comment