Wednesday 10 July 2013

Cornwall Adventure - Tintagel


(view of the castle Tintagel Castle)


(half way down to the entrance of Tintagle castle)


(looking up at the castle)







During my time in cornwall I spent the one of the days in Tintagel.

The village and local castle have become famous with the legends surrounding King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table, it is reputed that Tintagel is the birth place of King Arthur. The remains of the castle still stand to this day and are situated about a 15 -20 min walk (a steep walk at that) from the village. I didn't go into the castle this time but I did take a couple of pictures from the walkway below the castle (see above).

Although I didn't go into the castle the views from the path out the sea were amazing especially with the sun being out with a clear sky (compared to 2 days previous when it was windy and cold)

No comments:

Post a Comment