Sunday 7 June 2015

DIY Screen Printing Press

I recently undertook a large print run for 500 cotton bags, for this I had to make sure that the design was printed in the same position each time. This is easier said than done when you don't have the luxury of a press in your studio so the next best thing was to use the screen clamps from Speedball.

The clamps enable you to create a press at home or in your studio. They are pretty easy to set up and use and they do hold the screens quite stead in position to print.

I set the clamps up on a separate board instead of on my work bench as I feel that the clamps would get in the way when I won't be using them. I also thought it would be easier to readjust the the clamps to suit different screen sizes.



Overall the clamps are a great addition to my studio and make a large print run a lot easier to register. However I did find that the clamps did get a bit stiff after a while, and I needed to apply some oil/grease to loosen them up.




1 comment:


  1. The blog and the blog post is absolutely fantastic! Lot of information is helpful in some or the other way. Keep updating the blog, looking forward for more content...Great job, keep it up. To get More Visit
    Screen Printing Machine Reviews and Buying Guides

    ReplyDelete