Wednesday 18 February 2015

Screen Printing Techniques - Printing with watercolours

This is my first attempt at using watercolour to print with instead of acrylic ink. It's pretty simple process and I really like the outcome of this method.

First you need watercolour paints and your chosen screen.


I then painted the watercolour onto the screen and I let it dry for a couple of minutes.


Once the watercolour had dried I put some printing medium onto the screen, just normal acrylic printing medium, and pulled it across the screen.


I found that I can get between 2 - 5 prints using this method, I love how each print becomes more and more transparent as you print and I think this would be great to use to layer colours on the paper to create depth.

Below are the results of my first attempt using this method.




No comments:

Post a Comment